2017-2018 Dance Team
The PRHS Dance Team consists of 13 girls in grades 9 through 12. The team is a year-round commitment with tryouts occurring in the spring for the following year.
The team is proud to be a part of the PRHS Marching Band. Outside of Marching Band, the team performs at PRHS basketball games and other events including Baccalaureate ceremony, pep rallies, school assemblies, and various competitions. They also participated in the UDA fundraiser to support the St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
For questions about the dance team, contact Coach Kathy Deal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to the 2017-2018 Award-Winning PRHS Dance Team
At the 2017 home team technique camp, the girls focused on technique used throughout the dance team year. In addition, they learned innovative choreography in Level 5 – the highest level for UDA.
The team participated in team building activities, drill downs using military type commands for marching, and competed in their home team routine to qualify for the National Dance Team Championship.
They received the following awards:
- The Dance Team received a blue ribbon and Superior rating for their Home Team Dance routine choreographed by Seniors: Captain Jess Lott, Captain Isabella Cicco, Lauren Roach, and Julia Chleboski. Blue ribbons are the highest honor and signify a Superior rating, which qualifies the team for the National Dance Championship in Orlando in 2018.
- The team received the “Spirit Stick” award from the UDA instructors for their energy and enthusiasm at camp.
- All team members competed on the last day in the final Drill Down Competition with Jess Lott placing first, Julia Chleboski placing 2nd, and Isabella Cicco placing third overall.
- Captains Isabella Cicco and Jess Lott were invited to participate in the Varsity Spirit Spectacular at Walt Disney World Resort in December 2017.
- Seniors Jess Lott and Lauren Roach auditioned for the All-American UDA award and both received the honors of All-American. This qualifies them to be invited to perform at the Varsity All-American London Tour.
- All PR dance team members received blue ribbons (highest honor) for their Level 5 Pom and Level 5 Jazz routines learned at camp. Girls must perform newly taught routines and get judged on each of them.
PRHS Dance Team members participated in the UDA fundraiser to support the St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.